Research process

 Today is officially day one of me putting together my film opening scene. My research process has been incredibly different due to the fact that I'm trying my best to keep up with the class and learn the basics. I feel like doin this is beneficial for me because I'm able to learn about film techniques and its specific guidelines. My first source of research was canvas and watching recordings and videos about film openings and what it consists of such as film credits and title sequences. Film credits can either be placed in the beginning or end. Further research on this is that the opening credits list the most important members of the production. When this sequence is separated from the main action of the film it is known as a title sequence. Next up I did a little research on genres to see which type of genre I would like to focus on. I realized I would want my film opening scene to be i the drama category. Drama films are serious presentations that illustrate stories with settings or life situations that portray realistic characters. Techniques that should be included in an opening scene is credits that state the distribution company, production company, Director name, movie stars, the title, top cast and supporting cast. The kind of movie that I am trying to make is a dramatic that involves the unexpected to occur with a strong theme about not looking back in life but instead looking forward. The two characters are sophomores who have been friends ever since they were kids. They live in two separate world's, in the beginning Jasper has everything going for himself and Jayla has successes just knocking at her door until both their lives changes forever. Opening sequences in films such as Euphoria start off with the credits with the main music in the background. As the credits come to an end it transitions into the title of the film "Euphoria". An opening sequence reveals meaning and tone without giving away too much by telling a short formatted story in a creative way. Also introducing the theme in a unique way allows the story to slowly form in the viewers mind. A fair amount of action should take place that clearly defines the meaning and tone in under 2 minutes. The setting and location of other films in my genre are usually on ships, high schools, farms, beach, mountains, neighborhood, theatre, festivals and etc. These shots are took usually at night, in rain, during the day and even snow. The intended audience for my film would be ages 12 and up but preferably families because my movies has to do with real life and what a kid can be dealing with at an any age. Moviegoing habits for ages 12 and up is seeing a movie that kids, teens, adults and families can relate to and a wake up call mixed with laughter. I will get them to see my movie by promoting it on family websites and on appropriate platforms. Titles in drama films are usually bolded in large font with an aesthetic background that connects to the film entirely. Information included in the title is the name of the movie, the cast included; and supporting cast.  In the drama genre stereotypes are included such as poplar groups, nerd groups, cool kids, rich kids, poor kids, the hero, mentor or villain. 


 This is officially week 3 of me creating m entire film production. This process was rather smooth but there was a little delay that help me back. The location that my film will be taken placed is in my ow neighborhood in front of my house. The actors that were hired into my upcoming film was my little brother who played young Jasper and my little cousin who played young Jayla. The older characters were played by My older sister and I. I chose this cast because it would be easier to film especially due to covid-19 and all. I had to make sure that these actors knew how to play their roles and understand who they are and why they act the way they act. Also time and scheduling played a big role because personally I'm pretty busy and my older sister so finding time to film was pretty difficult. M film is definitely going to look quite modern and vibrant. It'll make viewers feel mixed emotions but mainly laughter. The film will sound calm yet hip hoppy funk. I wan it to resemble 2021 as much as possible .I will try m best to shoot on days where the sun is out and beautiful because I want that bright and energetic vibe to be incorporated into my film. As well as emphasizing the importance of direction and moving forward/back such as sidewalks, road signs ,and etc. There most likely will be sound playing in the establishing clip and a voiceover that will be recorded on my phone. My storyboard so far has 4 shots which shows the two kids playing together in long shot, the two kids walking away from each other in long shot, a shot of older Jayla walking to her home and even a close up of her reacting to her phone. The last two shots is older jasper falling on his skateboard and then a close up of the skateboard skating away to the title. My shooting schedule for my film opening was mostly al done on February 26 and we filmed around 4:45-5:15. The technology that was used for this film was my phone and tripod. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Preproduction